New Life...

It's so funny to me how much can change in half of a year...

The last blog post I wrote (and just now published) had to do with being a Health Food Nazi, or something or other.  Now, November 1, 2012 finds me being a Eat-Anything-That-Sounds-Appetizing-and-Is-Relatively-Healthy-For-Baby Nazi.  Haha...  Oh, the change time brings.  What felt important last April, now seems not quite so urgent.

Our summer was so full of so many good things.  Summer camps at Peachtree kept me busy.  I enjoyed working with the kiddos for the second year in a row.  We did some hiking, kayaking, and cliff jumping on our mutual days off.  Sometime mid-August there were two lines on a pregnancy test... and, you know, we were a bit excited.  The very next week we left for a 7-day, much needed vacation, just the two of us, to Pensacola, FL.  Besides a bit of morning sickness making me feel woozy, we had a wonderful trip. 

A week later, on August 31, we announced to our families and friends that we were expecting our Baby K.  Happiness abounded.  Here's the video we used to announce the happy news...


For pretty much 2 1/2 months I have felt...well...sick.  Food aversions galore mean that nothing really sounds good.  Apples and peanut butter, saltines, Sprite, and cereal were my only friends some days.  My heroic husband was/is amazing.  He kept the house clean, made food, did the laundry, and basically fended for himself.  He is every bit the servant I believed I married, and more.  So thankful for him, now more than ever.

Today marks 16 weeks of pregnancy with this little one!  Changes happen so quickly, and the weeks slip by.  Praying for and planning for this new life takes up much of our time, and we are so thrilled to have the opportunity to pray and plan for such a purpose.  Learning so much about life and the miracle of it is a gift in itself.  So very, very thankful.

-HK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey There...

He is the Faithful God...